Linphone contacts.
p***@easthope.ca
2020-09-20 02:20:01 UTC
Hi,

In Debian 10, linphone contacts are likely stored in
~/.linphone-friends.db. Documentation that I've found doesn't explain.

Can some other application extract the contacts as plain text? SQlite?
What packages are required?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
Tel: +1 604 670 0140 Bcc: peter at easthope. ca
Reco
2020-09-20 08:00:01 UTC
Hi.
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hi,
In Debian 10, linphone contacts are likely stored in
~/.linphone-friends.db. Documentation that I've found doesn't explain.
A quick look at linphone's source reveals that it should be sqlite,
version 3. BTW there's file(1) that could tell you the same:

file -sL ~/.linphone-friends.db
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Can some other application extract the contacts as plain text?
An "application"? Do not know and do not care.
A "program"?
Install sqlite3, point it to your .linphone-friends.db, execute:

select * from friends;

Reco
p***@easthope.ca
2020-09-20 16:30:02 UTC
From: Reco <***@...uniq.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 10:49:52 +0300
Post by Reco
A quick look at linphone's source reveals that it should be sqlite,
file -sL ~/.linphone-friends.db
OK, thanks.
Post by Reco
select * from friends;
Thanks for that also.

For others who might be interested, a few observations.

https://sqlite.org/cli.html is more complete than the manual. =8~)

"man sqlite3" and the Web page list meta-commands, also referred to as
dot-commands. Statements are mentioned but not listed.
Post by Reco
From the manual,
.schema ?PATTERN? Show the CREATE statements matching PATTERN

.schema seems to list statements. ".schema main.*" gives some
unformatted output. I don't get the question marks. Delimiters?
Regular expressionese?

Found all I need from linphone contacts. Thanks, ... P.
Cousin Stanley
2020-09-21 14:00:02 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
In Debian 10, linphone contacts are likely
stored in ~/.linphone-friends.db.
Documentation that I've found doesn't explain.
Can some other application extract the contacts as plain text?
SQlite?
I don't have linphone installed
but sqlite is listed among
its dependencies ....

$ apt-cache depends linphone | grep sql
Depends: libsqlite3-0
--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being
Phoenix, Arizona
Greg Wooledge
2020-09-21 14:30:01 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
In Debian 10, linphone contacts are likely
stored in ~/.linphone-friends.db.
Documentation that I've found doesn't explain.
Can some other application extract the contacts as plain text?
SQlite?
Start by using file(1) to see what kind of data might be in the file.

For example:

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ file cert8.db
cert8.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ file permissions.sqlite
permissions.sqlite: SQLite 3.x database, user version 10, last written using SQLite version 3028000

If file(1) claims that it's an SQLite database, then you can use the
sqlite3 package to probe it from a shell, or use your favorite programming
language's sqlite3 bindings to open it up.

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ sqlite3 permissions.sqlite .schema
Error: database is locked
unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ cp permissions.sqlite ~/x
unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ sqlite3 ~/x .schema
CREATE TABLE moz_hosts ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,host TEXT,type TEXT,permission INTEGER,expireType INTEGER,expireTime INTEGER,appId INTEGER,isInBrowserElement INTEGER, modificationTime INTEGER);
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "moz_perms" ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,origin TEXT,type TEXT,permission INTEGER,expireType INTEGER,expireTime INTEGER,modificationTime INTEGER);

And so on. If file(1) claims that it's someting else, like a Berkeley DB,
then you'd need to use different tools.