Amazon Workspaces Linux Client?
Charles Curley
2020-09-16 03:40:01 UTC
Anyone here have any experience with Amazon Workspaces' Linux client?
https://clients.amazonworkspaces.com/ It looks like it's for Ubuntu
18.4. Will Debian Buster be close enough?

I hesitate to install a binary blob from Amazon without first checking
here.

Thank you.
--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/
Georgi Naplatanov
2020-09-16 06:10:01 UTC
Post by Charles Curley
Anyone here have any experience with Amazon Workspaces' Linux client?
https://clients.amazonworkspaces.com/ It looks like it's for Ubuntu
18.4. Will Debian Buster be close enough?
I hesitate to install a binary blob from Amazon without first checking
here.
Hi,

I installed VirtualBox from Ubuntu repository "bionic" in the past.

If I was you I would install the package in VM with Debian Buster first.

Kind regards
Georgi
Stefan Monnier
2020-09-16 14:00:02 UTC
Post by Charles Curley
Anyone here have any experience with Amazon Workspaces' Linux client?
https://clients.amazonworkspaces.com/ It looks like it's for Ubuntu
18.4. Will Debian Buster be close enough?
I hesitate to install a binary blob from Amazon without first checking
here.
Not sure what you're worrying about: are you worried that it might not
work as Amazon intended, or are you afraid that it might indeed work as
Amazon intended?

Stefan