cron consolekit pam_ck_connector.so: no such file
Beco
2020-09-15 14:30:01 UTC
Dear debians,

Is this pam module deprecated? I can't find the package that provides it on
debian buster.

And I get a lot of logs:

CRON: PAM adding faulty module: pam_ck_connector.so
SSHD: PAM adding faulty module: pam_ck_connector.so
unable to dlopen(pam_ck_connector.so): /lib/security/pam_ck_connector.so:

What is the correct secure approach? Should I just remove the optional
session line from PAM config?

I can't even find consolekit for buster.

Maybe this is old news (gentoo reports no activity on this since 2017), but
I'm only reading about it now.

Thanks in advance.
--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure
you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

GPG Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x5A107A425102382A
Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09

Essa mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao seu destinatário e pode conter
informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional, direitos
autorais reservados, ou cuja divulgação seja proibida por lei. O uso não
autorizado de tais informações é proibido e está sujeito às penalidades
cabíveis.

information that is confidential and protected by a professional privilege,
reserved copyright, or whose disclosure is prohibited by law. Unauthorized
use of such information is prohibited and subject to applicable penalties.
Reco
2020-09-15 14:40:01 UTC
Hi.
Post by Beco
Is this pam module deprecated?
Yes, it was removed from main archive back in 2018 - [1].
Post by Beco
I can't find the package that provides it on
debian buster.
There's no package in buster that provides the PAM module or ConsoleKit
itself, see above.
Post by Beco
What is the correct secure approach? Should I just remove the optional
session line from PAM config?
Strictly speaking, deinstallation of "libpam-ck-connector" (I'm assuming
it was installed on this system at some point) should have done that.
But no package is bug-free, and ConsoleKit was not the best package in
this regard.

So, removing offending lines from the PAM configuration is the best
course of action.

Reco

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/consolekit
Beco
2020-09-15 19:00:02 UTC
Thanks Reco,

I don't know how you keep up after all these years seen you here on the
debian list.

Congrats.

Beco.
Post by Reco