baloo_file_extr -- how to disable or remove it?
Intense Red
2020-09-21 19:00:01 UTC
On my KDE/stable box I have the baloo_file_extr process running hog wild. It
takes up fully 1/2 of the memory and significant amounts of CPU. I gather it's
some sub-function of Dolphin but there's no way I want this "service" running
on my computer.

Can someone shed some light on how to disable or remove the baloo_file_extr?
"A policeman's job is only easy in a police state." -- Orson Welles.
Intense Red
2020-09-22 04:10:01 UTC
Post by Intense Red
Can someone shed some light on how to disable or remove the
baloo_file_extr?
To answer my own question, as root run the following:

# balooctl disable
# balooctl stop

Then it'll be likely you'll need to run:

# killall -9 baloo_file baloo_file_extractor

For me I had to run these repeatedly but eventually that !&@)$ thing
stopped.
--
"We don't need to run America like a business or like the military. We need to
run America like a democracy." -- Jill Stein, Green Party presidential